Wingmakers return to winning ways at Bangor

THE Wingmakers took another stride towards securing at least the runners-up spot in the Welsh Premier League with a convincing 4-2 away win at Bangor City on Tuesday night.

Bangor City
Airbus UK
Report by Andrew Lincoln

It was the first win in five for Andy Preece's side as they repeated their success against the Citizens in the Wlesh Cup at Nantporth three weeks ago.

January signing and former Liverpool youth Ryan Wignall led the way for the Airmen, having a hand in two goals and scoring one himself.

Although the hosts made a lively start which created a couple of half chances, Airbus scored from their first attack.

Debutant keeper Jack Cudworth's poor clearance led to City conceding a free-kick in the seventh minute and Andy Jones turned to fire home his first goal in Airbus colours from Tom Field's delivery.

Steve Abbott's heavy touch let him down on 20 minutes with only Cudworth to beat but, minutes later, defender Declan Walker slipped as Wignall cut inside to also claim his first goal since joining the visitors.

It got worse for City six minutes before the break when Cudworth's night ended prematurely with a leg injury.

Nick Bould came on for his domestic league debut and was beaten within a couple of minutes when he could only parry Wignall's shot and sub Steve Jones netted the rebound.

Jay Colbeck fired over the bar soon after the restart but Wignall then easily went past Walker and crossed for to head home the fourth.

But City staged a late rally to grab two consolation goals in two minutes. Sub Chris Jones set-up Colbeck who swept the ball home 10 minutes from time and Anthony Miley quickly added another after a Les Davies header had rebounded off an upright.

But the game ended on a sour note for Nev Powell's side when Colbeck was sent-off for throwing the ball at Wignall and the home side's frustration boiled over with four yellow cards in stoppage time.

Photo: Jay Owen shadows Bangor wingman Sion Edwards [].