Niall Watson's double helped Airbus to a 1-3 victory away at relegation rivals Carmarthen Town to register a first win since October.

Oliver Lanceley also netted the Wingmakers other goal as the Bus raced into a three goal lead at the break.

Liam Thomas bagged a consolation ten minutes from time for the hosts but Steve O'Shaughnessy's side held firm to secure a massive three points.

The result means Airbus close the gap on the Old Gold to a point, and keep in touch with Rhys Griffiths' Penybont who triumphed against Cardiff Met on Friday night.

The Bus started the game as they meant to go on, with Watson nearly getting the Wingmakers off to the perfect start, however his shot was deflected just behind.

Carmarthen had an attacking threat of their own and nearly caught the Bus off guard when Jordan Vickers pulled a shot from the far side which whistled wide of the post.

In the 22nd minute, Airbus broke the deadlock through in-form forward Watson. A nice break cut open the Town defence; the number 17 was left one-on-one with Lee Idzi and coolly converted into the bottom corner. 

Moments later, the Wingmakers doubled their lead as Lanceley fired home his third strike in his last two outings. Watson went from scorer to facilitator after he made a break down the left flank and turned in to set up the Academy Graduate.

A fantastic half of football for Airbus got even better soon after. Ryan Edwards picked out Watson with a pin-point cross. The Accrington Stanley loanee once again showed his sharp finishing skills to curl home.

The second half started in the same vain as the first, with a confidence and authority in the Wingmakers performance.

Captain Stephen Tomassen almost added a fourth in the 47th minute. A trademark Jake Phillips long throw evaded everyone in the area apart from the centre back, who saw his effort blocked away to safety.

The strike partnership of Lanceley and Watson continued to cause problems for Kristian O'Leary's men. January  recruit  Watson was inches away from a hat-trick as he narrowly missed the ball at full stretch in the area.

In the 80th minute, the hosts set up of potential nervy ending when Thomas ended hopes of a first Wingmakers clean sheet for Ollie Byrne.

The substitute was quickest to react to the loose ball and slotted home. Despite a spell of Carmarthen pressure, it could not prevent Airbus their first win of the New Year.

Airbus:  Byrne (GK), Tomassen (C), Palmer, Platt, R. Edwards (Evans 79′), Hughes, Hart, Phillips, Lanceley (D. Edwards 89′), Watson (Payne 90+2′), Woolfe

Carmarthen: Idzi (GK), Embalo, Knott, Parry, Surman (C) (Thomas 72′), Walters (Carroll 58′), Bowen, Vickers (Daley 45′), Scotcher, Berry, Robbins