PATIENCE was the key as Airbus ended a two-match losing run with a 2-0 victory over Port Talbot Town at the Hollingsworth Group Stadium.

The Steelmen frustrated the Wingmakers until the 88th-minute when Tony Gray finally broke the deadlock.

And the in-form marksman added another for good measure with virtually the last kick of the game to bring his season's goal tally to nine.

The visitors made a bright start and an early Chris Jones free kick deflected off the wall but was safely held by keeper James Coates.

Youngster James Murphy looked lively and saw his shot deflected for a corner but Martin Rose spurned a gilt-edged chance to give Talbot a ninty-minute lead, dragging his shot wide with only Coates to beat.

Matty McGinn grazed the outside of a post with a snap shot from 25 yards for the hosts and Talbot keeper Steve Cann saved Jay Owen's shot from a Lee Owens byline cross with his feet before Wayne Riley put the rebound just wide.

Cann rushed to the edge of the 18-yard box to foil Riley before Tom Field put a free kick high and wide as the half ended goal-less.

Gray was inches away from connecting with an Owens cross just after the break and Gray hit a first time volley agonisingly wide.

McGinn was also wide with a shot from the edge of box from a Field cross, but Coates did well to save a narrow-angled drive from Jon Hood.

Gray beat defenders and carved an opening but fired well over before Joseph Jones did well to block another shot from the striker.

Coates made a point blank save at the other end before Mike Pearson headed Field's flag kick wide and McGinn curled a 20 yard free-kick just over the bar.

Gray looked to have missed a golden opening when passing inside to Riley with only Cann to beat and Leigh de-Vulgt made a last-ditch tackle to deny Riley.

The game seemed headed for a goal-less draw until Gray found himself in space and beat Cann from just inside the box.

And, after a scare at the other end, Field kept his cool before squaring a pass inside for Gray to add his second of the afternoon.

Photo (top): Tony Gray celebrates after adding his second goal and (below) goes down under a challenge from Matthew Long.