AIRBUS missed the chance to regain second spot in the Welsh Premier as they fell to 10-man Carmarthen at Richmond Park.

Two goals from Cortez Belle sealed the win for the Old Gold, who played for more than 45 minutes without David Brooks.

The Wingmakers made the worst possible start when, with just two minutes played, Belle was allowed to send a powerful header into the net from a Brooks corner.

Jeff White could easily have extended the lead on 12 minutes, but he wasted a chance after a Liam Thomas shot had been deflected into his path.

Airbus responded with a serious of threatening raids and, following a free-kick, Tom Field's crisp 20-yarder was superbly turned over the bar by home keeper Lee Idzi.

Moments later, Field's flag kick was met by Chris Budrys but his glancing header flew just wide of the target.

Lewis Harling fired just over for Carmarthen and Liam Thomas also went close before Brooks was shown yellow for dissent and then needlessly kicked the ball away to receive his marching orders.

The Wingmakers took the initiative after the break and put the home defence under prolonged pressure.  

Budrys played a neat pass to Ryan Wignall who struck from 12 yards but Idzi was quickly down to smother the ball.

Then, on the hour, Wignall finished a strong run down the left flank by cutting inside past Luke Cummings before driving the ball across the goalmouth only for Glenn Rule to stab wide from close range.

Despite enjoying a significant majority of possession, Airbus attacks were foundering on a resolute defence well-marshalled by the influential Belle.

But it was the lanky player who helped concede an equaliser, fouling Andy Jones for Field to tuck his spot kick into the corner on 68 minutes.

Sub Jordan Barrow struck a 20 yard shot that Idzi was forced to save with a full length dive and Rule's excellent strike was turned around the post by the alert keeper.

Carmarthen had been restricted to the occasional break but, after 82 minutes, found what proved to be the winner.

Idzi launched a long free-kick and Harling's shot was parried by James Coates to Belle, who returned the ball with interest through a crowded goalmouth from 12 yards out.

And, despite ramping-up the pressure in the closing minutes, Airbus were unable to find an equaliser.