LIAM Thomas was the Wingmakers' scourge for the second time this season as Carmarthen Town completed a Welsh Premier double.

Wingman Thomas scored the stoppage time winner that beat Airbus UK Broughton 2-1 at The Airfield back in August.

And the former Neath man grabbed both goals as the Old Gold won 2-1 at Richmond Park.

After a turgid opening 20 minutes, Mike Roddy had the first attempt on goal, driving a 25-yarder just over the home goal.

But Town were quick to respond with Casey Thomas heading just over the bar from Scott Quigley's corner.

The game then settled back into a midfield battle until just before the break when Quigley broke free and released Paul Fowler, whose 20-yard shot again drifted over.

Three minutes after the break, Wingmakers' keeper Ben Chapman made an excellent full-stretch save to deny Fowler but, at the other end, Steve Abbott's snap shot forced Old Gold keeper Steve Cann into his first significant action of the match as he got down quickly to smother the ball.

Liam Thomas played a good ball through to Quigley who cut in from the left only to see his 20-yard drive narrowly clear the bar.  

Moments later Matthew found space in a crowded goalmouth followin a corner, but stabbed the ball just wide.

The home side were eventually rewarded for their pressure on 71 minutes as Fowler’s headed pass put Liam Thomas in the clear and he took the ball forward to the edge of the penalty area before coolly firing home under Chapman’s despairing dive.

However the home celebrations were short-lived as Airbus quickly struck back with Ryan Wade finishing a dazzling run down the left wing with a dangerous cross into the goalmouth where Abbott had a simple tap-in.  

But the Old Gold immediately shrugged off that set-back as a superb long-range effort by Corey Thomas was turned around the post by Chapman.

The ensuing corner-kick reached Jonathan Hood who chipped the ball across to Carl Evans but his header hit the foot of the post and though Evans was quickest to the rebound he could only steer the ball over the bar.

However, the hosts were not to be denied and just a minute later Hood chased a long ball to the by-line and played it back to Liam McCreesh, whose pinpoint cross was headed home by Thomas.

Airbus tried to rally in the closing minutes, but the home side's defence resisted the pressure to claim the spoils.