News from the Wingmakers


Airbus UK Broughton Football Club have paid tribute to departing Director of Football Craig Harrison.

Chairman Paul McKinlay commented;

"From a professional perspective, I am extremely disappointed that Craig is leaving the airfield. He has done a superb job , taking us from relegation strugglers in an 18 team league to competing for a top 6 place in the super 12, and he has been a key part of the great progress at Airbus over the last 3 seasons. We will certainly struggle to find a harder working Director of Football and I want to place on record my thanks for all he has done for Airbus UK Broughton."

On a personal basis I wish Craig every success at TNS ( apart from when they play us !!). He is ambitious and wanted a chance to work full time in football, and I fully understand his decision. I count him as a close friend, and will really miss having him around at the airfield. He is welcome at the Airfield any time he wishes, as long as he is not chasing any of our players ! I am confident he will have success at TNS and I hope this will be stepping stone to him securing a full-time role in the football league.

However, as a club we now need to look forward. We have a big game on Monday, and Tommo and Gareth will take caretaker charge, and I am sure the lads will be now even more determined to win that one ! We won't rush into an appointment, and we welcome applications for the position - we are looking for a Director of Football who will work closely with the Board and General Committee and also the academy to continue the great progression we have made under Craig`s Tenure.

Chief Operations Officer Stewart Roberts also praised Harrison`s impact at the Airfield stating " Craig has brought the Club on leaps and bounds during his time at the Club, he has been a pleasure to work alongside and I personally wish him all the best at TNS, His boots are going to be difficult to fill as not only has he created a real professional footballing approach but his work ethic and drive will be hard to match."

If Craig gets similar support at his new club to that he received at the Airfield he will be destined to succeed, as Paul has said though we must move on and find the right man to continue Craig`s work and that process begins immediately with applications invited over the next week to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Airbus UK Broughton`s next Fixture is at Home to Bala Town on Monday 2nd January with a 2.30pm Kick Off Live on S4C. Gareth Owen and Andrew Thomas will be in Temporary charge for this Fixture.

Airbus UK Broughton Football Club are inviting applications for the Director of Football Role at the Airfield following the Departure of Craig Harrison to TNS.

Airbus UK Broughton are looking for an individual who holds either UEFA Pro Licence or UEFA A Licence in order to maintain both Domestic and European Licence standards at the Club.

The Club are looking for a dynamic forward thinking person who has the ability to work alongside both the Board and General Committee at the Airfield, and in addition are looking for candidates to oversee all Football Aspects at the Club including First Team /Reserves / Youth/Academy elements.

Recruitment and retention of players is a priority.

The abilty to work with and get the best from the current coaching staff at all levels is another requirement.

The successful candidate will have shown a desire to take Airbus UK Broughton forwards to the next level whilst also showing past competencies in Managing Budgets.

Deadlines for Applications will be Thursday 5th January at 5pm

All Applications/CV`s should be sent to Stewart Roberts Chief Operating Officer via email to  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



Airbus UK Broughton Football Club would like to place on record its extreme gratitude to Former Director of Football Craig Harrison for all of the Hard work, professionalism , and drive that he brought to the Football Club. The Club has made magnificent progress during his tenure and all at Airbus UK Broughton Football Club wish him well in his New Role at TNS.



Picture: Former Director of Football Craig Harrison (



Airbus UK Broughton FC progressed to the fourth round of the Welsh Cup with a narrow 2-1 win away at Wrexham. A sunny but chilly day at the Racecourse Ground marked Blue Square Bet Premier leaders Wrexham FC's return to the competition after a lengthy absence. Prior to the game a touching tribute was paid to the late Wales manager Gary Speed.

While the Wingmakers were near enough full strength, the Red Dragons fielded a youthful reserve side due to the first-team's FA Cup 2nd Round commitments at Brentford. The Wrexham side was not totally inexperienced however. Captain Leon Clowes spent a year on loan at the Airfield last season, while Danny Ward, Anthony Stephens, Rob Salathiel, Louis Moss and Steve Tomassen have all tasted senior football.

The Wingmakers made a confident start and looked to get the ball forward early on. An early chance fell to Louis Moss but he fluffed his shot, Wrexham looking lively in an even opening 10 minutes. Following the breakdown of a free-kick Adam Worton drove wide for Airbus. Ryan Edwards also had an attempt off target as both sides settled without really testing each other.

On 22 minutes Ian Sheridan burst down the left and forced a save from Danny Ward, before Anthony Stephens got back on the line to block an attempt from Mike Hayes from the rebound. That was the first real chance of the game before on 25 minutes Wrexham's Kyle Parle headed over from a corner. With around half an hour gone the Wingmakers were shading the game although Rob Salathiel went close for Wrexham.

A good Wrexham cross put across the face of goal failed to connect with another red shirt - which was a let off for Airbus. On 38 minutes the Wingmakers Danny Desormeaux found the target but was foiled by the excellent Ward. At half-time the score remained 0-0 in a game of few opportunities of which Airbus had the better - and would feel they should have taken.

The second-half picked up where the first left off, and early on Danny Taylor made a great block at the near post to deny Louis Moss. There was then a hold-up so Tommy Holmes could receive treatment, having picked up a head injury following a collision leading to that Moss's effort. The game developed scrappily with Leon Clowes shooting high and wide for Wrexham an example.

Adam Worton tried a shot which went wide of the far post for Airbus, before captain Glenn Rule picked up a booking in a hard challenge in which he appeared to get the ball. On 59 minutes the Wingmakers made the first change of the game with Craig Whitfield coming on in place of Mike Hayes. The game then went through a quiet period, Glenn Rule slicing a shot wide from inside the area, just past the hour mark.

From almost nowhere the deadlock was broken on 65 minutes. The Airbus defence were slower to react to a through-ball than Louis Moss who burst into the area and fired low under Niki-Lee Bulmer to give Wrexham a 1-0 lead. The son of former Wrexham owner Geoff Moss had opened his senior account for the club.

On 73 minutes Airbus made another change with Mark Cadwallader replacing Danny Desormeaux. A minute later Wrexham made their first substitution when Rob Parry was introduced in place of Max Fargin. Into the last quarter of an hour Airbus enjoyed plenty of possession but could not create an opening, while Wrexham looked threatening on the break.

Wrexham's Matty Owen made a good run and fired narrowly over before Rob Salathiel picked up a yellow card for dissent. Airbus looked to be finishing the stronger but lacked a cutting edge - although Mark Cadwallader was unlucky wth a far-post miss. With five minutes to go Wrexham replaced Salathiel with Jonathan Royle and Ward made another great save from a low shot by Ian Sheridan.

With three minutes to go Sheridan was also booked for dissent but the Wingmakers were piling on the pressure. Danny Ward was equal to everything Airbus threw at him and deflected another Sheridan effort over. Sheridan put in an inviting cross in front of goal but unfortunately no-one in a blue shirt could reach it in time. However, the Wingmakers were about to receive a lifeline.

In the final minute of stoppage-time Glenn Rule pumped a ball into the area which goalkeeper Danny Ward lost as he was challenged for it. In the scramble that followed, Eddie Hope appeared to get the final touch by an Airbus player as the ball nestled in the back of the net. Wrexham were furious - Ward may well have been fouled - but the Wingmakers had taken the game to extra-time right at the death.

The extra 30 minutes began with Airbus enjoying a second wind and imposing themselves on the game. Jonathan Royle headed over for Wrexham before a lengthy stoppage due to an injury to Clowes disrupted the game's momentum. Both teams were intent on attacking for the win with Craig Whitfield proving a useful outlet for the Wingmakers.

Leon Clowes received a booking on 102 minutes for a late foul. From the free-kick Gavin Cadwallader headed over. Rob Evans had a good shot from distance for Wrexham but the score remained 1-1 going into the extra-time interval. During this brief turnaround the Wingmakers made their final change with Mark Allen taking over from Tommy Holmes.

Airbus were still in control going into the final quarter of an hour although tiring, with the prospect of penalties looming. It would not come to that however as a period of pressure around the Wrexham area culminated in Mark Cadwallader finding Ian Sheridan on the byline. Sheridan cut the ball back into the six-yard box where Mark Allen was on home to tap-in and make it 2-1. After 108 minutes, Airbus finally had the lead.

On 111 minutes Wrexham made their final substitution as Louis Moss gave way to Paul Carney. By now Airbus were well on top and first to everything. Out of frustration a late tackle on Ian Sheridan earned Leon Clowes his second yellow card, and a red card against his former club. Wrexham would play the last five minutes with only 10 men.

There was another Wrexham player booked for a foul on Glenn Rule, and Mark Cadwallader headed over from a Danny Taylor cross. Wrexham were forced to use the long-ball in the last few minutes, and even pushed goalkeeper Danny Ward up for a late corner. However Niki-Lee Bulmer was in control of everything in the Wingmakers goal, and after over 120 minutes of football - the Wignmakers were through to the Welsh Cup fourth round.

Though this was not a vintage Airbus performance against a very under-strength Wrexham, with a little luck they got the job done against a full-time side. The Wrexham youngsters showed why so many are predicted to have a great future in the game and would have learned a great deal from this test. The Racecourse is not an easy place to win against any Wrexham side these days, so the Wingmakers can be pleased and relieved to continue their cup adventure.

Wrexham - 1: Danny Ward 2: Steve Tomassen 3: Anthony Stephens 4: Kyle Parle 5: Leon Clowes (c) 6: Matty Owen 7: Max Fargin (R.Evans) 8: Jamie Morton 9: James Colbeck 10: Rob Salathiel (Royle) 11: Louis Moss (Carney)

Subs - 12: Rob Evans 13: Louis Gray 14: Jonathan Royle 15: Andrew Pasco 16: Paul Carney

Airbus - 1: Niki-Lee Bulmer 2: Danny Taylor 3: Adam Worton 4: Tommy Holmes (Allen) 5: Gavin Cadwallader 6: Glenn Rule (c) 7: Ryan Edwards 8: Danny Desormeaux (M.Cadwallader) 9: Ian Sheridan 10: Mike Hayes (Whitfield) 11: Eddie Hope

Subs - 12: Craig Whitfield 14: Mark Allen 15: Mark Cadwallader 16: Josh Griffiths 17: Gareth Owen

By Rory Sheehan


Airbus UK Broughton cruised to a 3-1 away day victory at Newtown`s Latham Park yesterday to keep up the pressure on current 6th place holders Prestatyn Town. Town`s game against Neath was postponed which means they have a game in hand over Airbus.

Goals from Ian Sheridan, Mike Hayes and Club Stalwart Mark Allen had Airbus in command prior to conceding a late goal from the penalty spot.

Airbus now must pick up some points from the Bala Town Double Header over the Festive Period to have any chance of making that coveted 6th place.


1 Nike Lee Bulmer 2 Danny Taylor 3 Adam Worton 4 Tommy Holmes 5 Gavin Cadwallader (Mark Allen) 6 Glenn Rule (Eddie Hope) 7 Ryan Edwards 8 Mark Cadwallader 9 Ian Sheridan 10 Craig Whitfield (Josh Griffiths) 11 Mike Hayes

Photo: The Wingmakers celebrate Mark Allen's goal [Kevin Hughes].

After discussion with Wrexham FC this week the following details have been announced. In order to attract a Healthy gate on Wrexhams return to the competition and to attract those Wrexham Fans not travelling to Brentford for the FA Cup Fixture prices have been set out-

Match Prices

Adults £6.00

OAP/Concessions £4.00

Children U16 £2.00

Only the Mold Road side of the Ground will be open for Supporters for this Welsh Cup Tie and supporters are reminded that Kick Off is at 2.30pm and Extra Time and Penalties will take place if necessary on the Day, there are no replay`s in the Welsh Cup these days.

There will also be a minute silence prior to kick off in memory of the late Gary Speed and players will wear Black arm bands as a mark of respect for the International Manager.

Airbus UK FC

Not all views expressed on this site are necessarily those of Airbus UK Broughton FC.

All images are copyrighted to their respective owners and may not be reproduced without permission.


JD Welsh Premier League
Football Association of Wales
North East Wales Football Association

Our address

Hollingsworth Group Stadium
Chester Road, Broughton,
Flintshire, CH4 0DR
Matchday only
01244 528317

Contact us

Administration 01244 522631
Secretary 07950 820334
Commercial 07586 747088
Press 07710 164016