The Airfield hosted its first ever live TV game as the cameras from S4C's Sgorio show captured Airbus UK Broughton FC's goalless draw against Carmarthen Town. The Wingmakers are still searching for their first goal and win in a full televised game but at least earned their first point in one today.

It was also Darren Ryan's first game in the dug-out but the signs were ominous before the game with the lengthy injury list currently hampering the Wingmakers. Attacking options were limited as they were forced to select three promising teenagers for the bench. Unfortunately the list would be added to early on in the game and would deprive the Wingmakers of a huge goal threat.

The game got off to a tense start with the Wingmakers shading it. On four minutes Phil Clarke curled a free-kick into the area which Leon Clowes met with a diving header. Carmarthen goalkeeper Mike Lewis was equal to it though and turned it around the post. From the resulting corner Gavin Cadwallader headed over.

Airbus enjoyed plenty of possession in the Carmarthen half and despite a gritty opening they were first to settle. However the game was mostly played in midfield with very few clear-cut sights of goal for either side. The play was hurried with both sides giving away possession - just needing to calm down and keep their composure.

The prolific Ian Sheridan was obviously a marked man by Carmarthen but Cadwallader continued to provide a threat at set-pieces. The Wingmakers were in control of the game as Sheridan had a shot blocked and Eddie Hope drove an effort wide.

On 27 minutes the best chance of the game fell to Sheridan. As the last defender slipped Sheridan took the ball and raced into the area. He rounded goalkeeper Lewis with an open goal at his mercy - but the angle was too tight and he could only find the outside of the post with his low strike before Lewis recovered to palm it away for a corner.

Minutes later Sheridan had to leave the action with a hamstring problem. It left the Wingmakers down to 10 men and short of attacking ammunition until youngster Asa Hamilton was introduced as a substitute to replace him on 36 minutes. Hamilton instantly showed flashes of skill and a work ethic to keep Carmarthen's defence on their toes throughout the rest of the game.

Just before the break Paul McManus put a shot wide and that was as good as it got going into the interval at 0-0 and the game very much a stalemate.

Into the second-half the game carried on much as it had in the first. On 49 minutes Phil Clarke curled a free-kick over and Airbus continued to press without coming too close to opening the scoring. Carmarthen had a couple of chances - Nick Harrhy with a snap-shot wide of the near post and Tim Hicks heading over in the 6 yard-box following a corner.

The best chance of the second-half arrived on 58 minutes and fell to the visitors. Geraint Passmore hit a strike that looked to be heading for the top corner before Wingmakers goalkeeper Niki-Lee Bulmer brilliantly turned it over. Two minutes later Carmarthen made their first change as Steffan Williams came on in place of Passmore.

Eddie Hope looked the likeliest player to make something happen for the Wingmakers as he ran at the Carmarthen defence out wide - both on the left and right flanks. Ironically just as he was breaking through the middle he was checked by Sasha Walters who picked up a booking for his troubles with 20 minutes to go.

Heading towards the last quarter of an hour Nick Rushton saw a speculative drive go wide while Hope put a good ball into the 6-yard box without anyone in Airbus shirt able to get a connection. With quarter of an hour to go more substitutions were made as Taylor Harding replaced Nick Harrhy for the visitors and Rhys Nash replaced Paul McManus for the Wingmakers.

Carmarthen enjoyed a decent spell of possession without really going close or threatening to score while the Wingmakers teenage strikeforce were not provided with enough service to put pressure the opposition defence.

With 5 minutes to go the Wingmakers introduced Matty Woodward in place of Nick Rushton. In a reshuffle Woodward slotted into defence to allow Gavin Cadwallader to play up front - lending the Wingmakers attack a tall, physical presence to help go for the win in the closing stages.

Mark Allen picked up a booking for a late challenge with three minutes to go, before Leon Clowes had to make a timely challenge in the area to prevent a Carmarthen strike at goal as the clock ran down.

In stoppage-time Gavin Cadwallader picked up a harsh booking as he went up for an aerial challenge with Carmarthen goalkeeper Lewis. That proved to be the last action of a game that never really burst into life.

The Wingmakers had the better chances but Carmarthen will be the happier side with an away point and a clean sheet. Unfortunately for S4C and the Sgorio viewers there were no goals and few chances to ponder after the game - ironic after the Wingmakers last two games provided 13 goals and 10 of them for Airbus.

With a four-point advantage over Aberystwyth at the top of the Welsh Premier's lower-section, the Wingmakers are still on course for a play-off spot that could lead to European football at the season's end.

Airbus - 1: Niki-Lee Bulmer 2: Mark Allen (c) 3: Phil Clarke 4: Leon Clowes 5: Gavin Cadwallader 6: Richie Dorman 7: Nick Rushton (Woodward) 8: Danny Desormeaux 9: Ian Sheridan (Hamilton) 10: Eddie Hope 11: Paul McManus (Nash)

Subs - 12: Matty Woodward 14: Chris Doran 15: Josh Parry 16: Asa Hamilton 17: Rhys Nash

Carmarthen - 1: Mike Lewis 2: Richard Hughes 3: Daniel Sheehan 4: Stephen Pockett 5: Lee Bevan 6: Kieron Howard 7: Geraint Passmore (S.Williams) 8 Tim Hicks 9: Nick Harrhy (Harding) 10: Nicky Palmer 11: Sasha Walters

Subs - 12: Steffan Williams 14: Taylor Harding 15: Mattie Davies

By Rory Sheehan