THE Wingmakers just fell short of causing a major upset in Norway as they were beaten 2-1 by FK Haugesund.

FK Haugesund
Airbus UK
Andrew Lincoln in Haugesund

Torbjorn Agdestein fired the home side in front after just seven minutes, but a 14th-minute equaliser from Mike Pearson gave the Wingmakers hope.

And they were never out of the game, needing just one more to go through on away goals, despite a second for Haugesund from Maic Sema.

The visitors found themselves under early pressure with Sema firing high and wide before Agdestein's close range strike from Kristoffer Haraldseid proved too strong for James Coates and ended up in the back of the net.

But, after Tom Field's corner had been met by Glenn Rule, his header found its way through to Pearson and the defender turned before slamming a half volley past Worre Bratveit.

Sema fired over the top from the edge of the area after being crowded out by several defenders but it took a brilliant save from the legs of Coates to keep out Adgestein at the far post after Bamberg had miss-hit his shot.

Ugonna Anyora sent a fierce shot wide of the right post from the edge of the area but Ian Kearney responded by winning two 50/50 challenges before firing wide with a miss-hit drive from distance.

Haugesund sliced open the Airbus defence again just before the break as Sema raced onto a through ball, but his effort beat Coates and the left upright.

The winning goal arrived on 56 minutes when Ryan Wade gifted Haugesund possession on the byline and Sema fired home a low cross from close range.

Jordan Barrow's introduction from the bench was brief as he fired a trademark drive wide but quickly picked-up two yellow cards from the fussy Croatian official for challenges on keeper Bratveit.

Rule was presented with a chance at goal, but was off-balance and skewed wide from sub Aaron Hassall's pass.

Adgestein had the ball in the net only to be flagged offside but a tiring Airbus were unable to carve another opening as Haugesund saw out three minutes of added time with ease. 

Photo: Mike Pearson fires the Airbus equaliser.