AARON Bowen pounced six minutes from the end of extra-time to dump his former club Cefn Druids out of the Nathaniel MG Cup.

The Wingmakers earned a well-deserved 3-2 win over their Welsh Premier League opponents despite falling behind after just six minutes when Mike Pritchard poked the ball home.

Skipper Steve Tomassen had earlier found the side netting and, after the goal, Alfons Fosu-Mensah tested keeper Joel Thompson. But the stopper was beaten soon afterwards when he parried away Luke Busumbru's shot and the ball found Mark Jones, who hammered an unstoppable shot which was well worth the price of admission alone.

Busumbru was also instrumentral as Airbus took the lead as his inside pass found Fosu-Mensah, who notched his fourth goal in two games.

The Ancients were back on level terms before the break when Ilan ap Gareth finished-off a flowing move, but the hosts should have won the game in normal time when John Davies volleyed wide at the near post from a right wing cross.

In the first period of extra-time, Airbus were denied what looked a stonewall penalty when substitute Ronny Song was stopped in his tracks from behind as he homed towards goal, while Druids went close at the other end.

But the game was settled when Ryan Edwards crossed from the right to Bowen, who did well to carve an opening before lashing his shot past Thompson. And the striker blazed over another good chance as Airbus ended convincing winners.

Below: Aaron Bowen fires home the Airbus winner.

Airbus UK FC

Not all views expressed on this site are necessarily those of Airbus UK Broughton FC.

All images are copyrighted to their respective owners and may not be reproduced without permission.


Huws Gray Alliance League
Football Association of Wales
North East Wales Football Association

Our address

Hollingsworth Group Stadium
Chester Road, Broughton,
Flintshire, CH4 0DR
Matchday only
01244 528317

Contact us

Administration 01244 522631
Secretary 07950 820334
Commercial 07586 747088
Press 07710 164016