TNS ran out comfortable 5-0 winners at a wet and windy Park Hall as Airbus made their long awaited return to match action.

Greg Draper slotted a 21 minute hat-trick and Adrian Cieslewicz found two late goals to seal the win for the hosts.

Despite the comprehensive scoreline, there remained a lot of positives to take out of the game for the Wingmakers as we prepare for a possible shortened season. 

TNS came out of the traps quickly and   opened the scoring in the third minute through the Cymru Premier top score Draper.  

He then double the hosts' lead moments later, after some mis-communication in the backline.  

The bus then got going, with Jake Eyre and Ryan Edwards linking up well, however the final ball was missing. 

Owen Payne whipped a cross in soon after, but the ball was just too high for the three Wingmakers that had raced into the TNS area. 

Jamie Crowther and Joe Palmer both showed their high levels of fitness in the middle of the park, fresh from their respective loans at Caenarfon and Flint.  

TNS dominated the possession,  but their threat had reduced following their early goals. 

After the 15 minute mark, TNS started applying the pressure once again, with new goalkeeper Rhys Williams having to send a Billy Whitehouse shot just over the bar. 

Moments later, TNS had another opportunity with Simon Spender delivering a cross, but Dean Ebbe sent his header over the crossbar. 

However, the pressure finally led to a third goal for the hosts, with Draper firing home his third with the help of the crossbar. 

The Wingmakers kept fighting, as new signing Williams made another great save to stop Draper as the first third of the match ended with a 3-0 scoreline.

The Bus came out the blocks well at the start of the second third causing the hosts tonnes of problems. O'Shaughnessy's side looked more dangerous and created more chances in the second third, but there was no change to the scoreline. 

A change of keeper brought Dave Roberts into the fray, who helped Eyre get through on goal. Unfortunately, the new signings strike was sent over the bar by Robbie Williams in the TNS net. 

Eyre continued to cause problems alongside Oli Lanceley. The two forwards linked up well throughout the match - a promising sign going forward. 

It was a much better second 30 minutes by the Bus, but sadly there were no goals to show for the efforts. 

The hosts tried to find a fourth as the match headed towards its conclusion in the final third of the game, but the Bus held firm with Roberts pulling off a string of great saves. 

However with nine minutes left,  Cieslewicz found a way through and slotted it home for the Saints. Two minutes, later the Pole got a second scoring a tap in with the assist coming from Ebbe as the match ended 5-0.

A lot of positives to take from the first outing of the season for the Wingmakers, as we look to build towards our Cymru North season. 

Next up is another friendly this coming Saturday away at JD Cymru Premier outfit Cefn Druids.


Matt Baldwin - Airbus Media










Club partners