AIRBUS scored twice for the first time since their last meeting with Bala Town two months ago, but it wasn't enough as they slumped to a seventh consecutive defeat.

The Wingmakers deservedly led 2-1 at the break and should have put the game to bed in the second half, but missed a string of chances and were then hit by three goals from the Lakesiders.

Returning from a three-match ban, Tony Gray had an early deflected shot saved by Ashley Morris and the visitors had a chance when former Airbus striker Ian Sheridan found himself one-on-one with Ryan Neild, who came out on top.

Gray provided a cross for Liam O'Neill whose shot was saved and a great run down the right by Jake Hulley ended with Ryan Wignall having a shot easily dealt with by Morris.

A counter-attack three minutes before the interval saw Airbus take the lead, Wignall delivering a teasing cross which eluded Morris for James Murphy to bundle home from close range at the far post.

The lead was short-lived before Hulley unnecessarily bundled Sheridan over in the box and Lee Hunt despatched the resulting penalty.

But, within 20 seconds of the restart, Airbus were back in front as Wignall's ball into the box was slotted into the far corner by Gray.

After a Bala effort had been cleared off the line, another ex-Wingmaker Mike Hayes spurned a good chance and Stuart J Jones drove a shot wide. But Airbus carved several good opportunities, Jamie Menagh firing wide with the goal at his mercy from Gray's cross. 

Gray back-headed a cross over the bar and O'Neill fired straight at Morris from a Murphy cross when he could have done better.

The misses proved costly as, from a 62nd-minute corner, Anthony Stephens headed home unmarked.

A cross from sub Ryan Valentine led to Bala taking the lead when Stuart J Jones headed into the roof of the net and Chris Venables then rattled the home crossbar with a half volley.

But Venables made no mistake moments later when a delivery from Stephens was headed clear and the Golden Boot holder steered the ball over the line to put the game out of sight.

Photos (top) James Murphy nets the first Airbus goal and (below) Ryan Wignall is just beaten to the ball by Bala keeper Ashley Morris.