Airbus UK Broughton Football Club

 The Wingmakers - Match Report 2009/10



Bangor City 3-0 Airbus UK Broughton (April 13 2010)

The effort was there but the quality wasn't as Airbus struggled to overcome a competent Bangor City side looking forward to their Welsh Cup Final and still with an outside chance of making the top three. It's worrying times at The Airfield,  The 'Bus clinging to that vital 10th spot with games running out, form on a dip & points drying up.
They looked quite good & were playing with some degree of confidence until The Citizens scored their first; after that it was all uphill and their old problem of ineffectiveness in the final third was agonisingly apparent as they came forward in regular second half waves that just fell away to nothing well down the beach.
For the first twenty minutes there was hope. There were two great chances for The Wingmakers that could have turned the fate of the game. Danny Desormeaux had the ball at his feet as he advanced into the area but he was never in control of the bouncing thing and when he eventually got his shot in it was blocked for a corner. Still looking lively  they advanced down the right, Ryan Edwards planting a superb cross onto the head of James McIntosh  with the goal as wide as could be; tamely, however, he nodded it wide and The Bus' real involvement in the game died with it. A few minutes later and Bangor went ahead - a simple low cross from the left, Chris Doran fatally waited for his defence to clear and Jamie Reed steered the ball home with the 'keeper rooted. It seemed at that moment we'd had our chance & so it proved, the heads dropped a little and Bangor took full control.
They added a second early in the second half, Eddie Jebb shooting from outside the box, the ball rising & falling and ending up in the far side of the net. Bangor were content then to play a game of attack and defence against Airbus' forward play of misplaced passes, disjointed movement and inability to put real pressure on. Macca had the best chance, doing really well to get in a shot that Paul Smith parried then taking it round the 'keeper as the defence poured in; unfortunately the option of walking it home was the wrong one and Smith recovered equally well to whip it off his toe for a corner as the goal beckoned and Marc Lloyd-Williams waited, poised in the six yard box. The game ended disappointingly with a free header for Jamie Brewerton, running onto a corner unchallenged to bullet a header into the back of the net to round it all off. 
Airbus tried hard and were better than on Saturday but were just not good enough, weak in attack and aimless in their approach; there was no need, even, for nemesis ref Andy Harms to lend a hand.

Airbus UK Broughton

Chris Doran, Ryan Edwards, Giovanni Feliciello, Matthew Woodward, Mark Allen, Jack Abraham, Josh Johnson, Danny Desormeaux, Paul McManus (Marc Lloyd-Williams 76'), James McIntosh (Gareth Sudlow 87'), Tom Rowlands (Jack Rowlands 87')

Yellow Cards: T Rowlands 45' Abraham 46' J Rowlands 87'

Attendance: 282

Report by Dave Sargent


© 2008 Anters & Airbus UK Broughton FC Dynamic IP Tracing

site stats